A Will is one of the most essential items you can prepare for your family and yourself. Without one, after you pass away, your assets will be distributed according to the state law and not in accordance with your wants and wishes. Preparing a will ahead of time will not only legally protect your family, including your spouse and children, but your belongings and assets as well. The process does not need to take hours or be challenging to complete; in fact, all you need to do is dictate how you would like things handled after you are gone. With the help of a Legal Docs by ME representative, we will ensure your family’s future is taken care of.
Having a well-thought out Will provides security and peace of mind for you and your family. A Will ensures that your assets are distributed and affairs are handled according to your desires after death. Without a Will, assets will be distributed to beneficiaries according to the intestacy laws of your state of residency.
A Will generally includes:
- Designation of an executor who will be responsible for carrying out the provisions of the Will
- Beneficiaries, who are the individuals or entities inheriting assets
- Instructions for when and how assets should be distributed to beneficiaries
- Guardians for any minor children
Some assets may already have beneficiaries associated with them, separate and apart from Wills. A common example of this is a life insurance policy, where a beneficiary is often named at the time the policy is created. Other assets, however, do not have stated beneficiaries, such as physical property.
Wills generally are subject to probate, a legal process for settling an estate. The probate requirements will vary by state.
Accomplish Your Goals With a Will
When appropriately drafted a Will can ensure that you are prepared for almost any contingency of asset transfer after death. Wills can include distribution of all your assets, from jewelry to retirement accounts to the family home.
Ensuring your estate is in order can provide great peace of mind for you and your family. Contact us now for assistance.
Benefits of a Will Preparation Services
Even though each person’s situation and wishes are unique, having a Will preparation service can be extremely beneficial to all:
- The Personal Guidance You Need: With our Will preparation services, you will be able to receive the guidance you need to ensure your estate is handled in the way you want upon your death. We will make sure your Will is drafted correctly and that it covers almost any contingency of asset transfer after your death, including the distribution of your retirement accounts, your home, and even your jewelry.
- Easy Access: Being able to prepare your Will over the phone allows every Beneficiary to easily and quickly draft their Will without the assistance of an attorney. By answering some straightforward questions, the Beneficiary will have a valid and legal Will ready to sign in no time.
- Available When You Need: With our services, Beneficiaries have the power to access our Will services at any time they wish. As life continually changes with divorce, births, and other situations that can make you want to updates your Will, Legal Docs by ME, you will be able to change your Will whenever you find it necessary.
How to Write A Will Without a Lawyer
When individuals decide they want to create a Will, they assume they need the help of an experienced and expensive lawyer to get the job done. However, it does not need to be complicated. Keep the following in mind when you draft the contents of your will:
- Create an Outline of the Basic Will Document
- Include the Specific Required Language
- Make sure to List your Immediate Relatives
- Indicate the Name of the Guardian
- Decide on an Executor
- Name the Specific Beneficiaries
- Allocate the Estate Remainder
- Finally, Make Sure to Sign the Will
- Put The Will Away in a Safe Place
The following is just a general breakdown of what is required for you to create a Will. However, our team at Legal Docs by ME will ensure that the process is not only quick and simple, but devised in a way that it is easily understandable. Executing a Will does not have to be stressful or require the help of a lawyer. If you want to make sure your estate is in order, contact Legal Docs by ME today! Let us help craft your wishes and desires into the legal document that you want.